Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Stretched and Comp Cut Jeep JK 2 Dr. Build- Body Choppin!

You're probably wondering what a stretched and competition (comp) cut Jeep is. Basically, the rear fenders are cut so that the rear axle can be moved back. The rear tires will extend beyond the body for a better departure angle. Usually the front axle will be moved forward as well for a better attempt angle. Here's a couple 1:1 Jeeps that have been stretched and comp cut.






Now that you learned something new, onto the build!

I have been waiting over a month for this Jeep body I bought from eBay! I found a package in the snow today. Inside the box I found the Jeep body! It was well worth the wait. Here's how it looked with axles and 1.55 tires under it:
Of course within an hour of having the body it was under the knife... well actually I used sewing thread and a dremel tool. All of this will be covered with an aluminum panel. This panel will move the rear wheel well back as well as protect the body from rocks.
Here's where the rear wheels will possibly be.
I'm hoping that I can raise the front fenders  and cut the grille like this:

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment