Thursday, March 28, 2013

Toyota Hilux Build- Pt. 12

Ok I finally have some updates! Instead of ordering smaller tires, which would cost me a fortune, I ordered some different parts. I ordered Superlift suspension blocks (for extra lift, and yes they are officially licenced by Superlift), as well as two driveshafts. I lifted the back up 12mm on each side and the front up by 8mm. This leveled the truck out and added enough lift so that I can keep the 1.9 tires on the truck.

 I also was able to wire everything up and take it for a test run. I'm using an RC4WD (rebuildable) 35t motor, Axial steering servo, and Traxxas XL-2.5 esc. Duratrax 1600mah Nimh, and Traxxas 1200mah Nimh batteries power it up, although I really dislike these batteries because I get terrible run times- around 5-10mins. I get over and hour with a 4000mah 2s lipo!
I hid the battery and esc in the tool box I made.

The reciever hides in the scale blue cooler!

I drilled a hole for esc and servo wires to go from the tool box, to the cooler. The wires and holes are covered with my scale fire wood!

Nothing ended up going under the hood!

Here's some pictures I took out side!


I have some small things to finish up, like the interior, wheel wells, lights, and maybe some new shoes and it will be complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment