Wednesday, May 1, 2013

"Rattle Trap" Based 4-Door JK Pickup Build- Pt. 5

I haven't been doing much work to the body, but I have worked on the chassis. I got my driver's licence a few months ago and I'm looking for a full size Jeep. I don't want to spend a ton of money on this build because of this. I took the axles, links and tires from my Wraith to use for this build, because I broke a part on the Wraith. I'm thinking of doing a 1.9 Wraith, those are cool too! I'm changing the paint cheme of my "Rattle Trap" from black and white to tan and black to match my Toyota. Like this:

I want to incorperate my special rear suspension set-up that I had on the Wraith as well as my Tough Armor Stinger bumper.
Here are some pictures of what the Jeep looks like. (the wooden rods sticking out the back are there to keep the back of the body on.)




Chassis: 3 link front, 4 link rear, custom rear driveshaft Axial tranny up front, Traxxas mini tranny acts like a transfer case. Wheel base measures 15.75", yes this think is big! Steering servo will get moved to the chassis as soo as I make a chassis mounted servo mount. I'm still working on the rear suspension. The ride heigh up front is about right, the back is not. (Don't get scared by the masking tape, I just had to test it out!):

I took a quick run outside to see how fast it goes. Its really slow, but I bet it has more torque!
Outside teaser pics:



No comments:

Post a Comment