Friday, April 12, 2013

"Rattle Trap" Based 4-Door JK Pickup Build- Pt. 2

I recieved the New Bright JK body yesterday and that was when the body work started! Here are some shots of the body before the body work, it is a really nice body!













I took out the interior, roll cage, mirrors, spare tire, light buckets, and hard top so that I could start the body work. I also took the windows out and removed the "New Bright" logo on the windshield using Goo Gone. Here's how it looked before any cutting.


I cut the body right behind the back door on each side with sewing thread for a nice, small cut.


I used styrene to make a part to fill in the extra stretch. The truck has a 15" wheel base now! (I started cutting off the side steps too, they got in my way.) I still need to putty and sand. 1:1 build pictures below too.





More body work soon, but that's all for now!




No comments:

Post a Comment