Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Toyota Pickup Truck: Some Shocking Updates!

I received a question from a member of the Scale Builder's Guild forum asking why there aren't any shocks on my pickup truck. Embarrassed, I replied "oops, working on that...", and parked my truck in the "garage". Inside, I found a box hiding under the workbench.
Pulling it out, I found some shocks!
I placed some jack stands under the front axle on the Toyota pickup and jacked the truck up. I installed the two front shocks without any issues.
The rear shocks were pretty difficult. Because I have lift blocks under the rear leaf springs, the shocks can't be installed the right way. With a little modification, I was able to install the rear shocks! 
The truck looks a lot better with the shocks installed! I want to take it for a drive soon so I will take some more pictures then, and possibly a video! Thanks everyone for following!







No comments:

Post a Comment