Monday, December 23, 2013

Stretched and Comp Cut Jeep JK 2dr. Build- Hood Removal, EVO Hood n Fender All in One

In my last post I talked about cutting the back of the Jeep and making those rock skins. Now I have been working on the front of the Jeep. First I removed the front fenders and trimmed the grille for more tire clearance. The hardest part was removing the hood. The plastic is a lot thicker than the RC4WD Mojave bodies!

(The black line on the hood is where I will make a cowl.)
After removing the hood I cut the front fenders in half. 

The top halves will be glued to the hood and the bottom halves will be glued to the body. Because of this, the fenders will be higher than the stock fenders so that I can run larger tires, but keep the ride height low. Here's the top halves glued onto the hood:
The hood will get hinged and I'm hoping that my electronics will fit under it, but I'm not so sure...
Thanks for following!

No comments:

Post a Comment